Sunday, December 25, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Well, friends, I am here to tell you that time truly does fly. William is seven this year and began first grade in August. He LOVES learning, so was very excited to begin another year. He was quite surprised when he began to realize first graders only went outside once a day and didn't always get to have center time. He has slowly come to love first grade, I think almost as much as kindergarten, but it's hard to beat kindergarten:) He has recently made large strides in his reading skills and is a wiz at math.



He has a great group of buddies, most of which are in the other class this year.

He insisted on sticking with the metal army lunchbox he picked out last year, but did opt for a brand new back pack. He told me he wanted a black, one strap bag. We went to Wal-mart to look for one. I was sure they would be all out or we would be unable to find them. Upon looking, I thought I was right, but William kept on looking and found it hidden behind other normal backpacks-he was so excited.
We look forward to a great second half of the year and more fun!!!

No comments: